It has been four months since I started working on the AVR-CAM project.
The final result of this project is to take the picture from one independent
MC1, then send the picture which is in JPEG format wireless to another independent
MC2.
There are several reasons that I decide to do it this way. First, The MC1 I am using which is ATMEGA32 only has 4k RAM, the smallest JPEG picture will consume at least 3K, which left me not too much space to do other things. Second, MC2 is connected with SD card module and a LCD TFT screen.So,the JPEG data received will be store in the SD card first, in this way, MC's clock speed will not be so critical, and two MC share equal amount of work load.
Things I have learned and accomplished:
1. Reviewed AVR instruction set, and experienced with the AVR-LIBC
2. Successfully using ATMEGA32 to communicate with CMOS Camera through USART.
3. Studied FatFs which is a compact FAT file system for embedded design.
4. Studied How the JPEG picture is encoded and decoded(which is also the reason i stopped the project)
Problems:
To display the picture on TFT screen, I need to convert the JPEG data to BMP format. After doing some research, the encoding and decoding process for JPEG image which is not very realistic to perform it on a 8MHZ 4KRAM MC,An ARM based processor would be a good choice for this project, thus, I decide to write a summary about the learning experience of AVR micro controller, and move on the the ARM realm.
No comments:
Post a Comment