I am doing a project using the Altera Stratix II GX kit, bought it from ebay for $250...part of the project is about driver and application development such that it can be used to test the bandwidth of the hardware design.The driver came with this kit is only working on the XP machine, however, it's working on my XP machine, so I decide to make my own driver.
Searching over the internet, there are more people like me are looking for helps or tutorials but few people answered them. So I decide to document my learning process. Wish me luck....
About the driver design, I dont have enough time to read the WDM and WDF related books, maybe I will read it only if I need to. Jungo windriver turns out to be the best candidate.
The following process is how I made my first driver which works with pcie application from altera:
My setup:
1. Using the example design from altera to flash the board (check the stratix II GX user guide for details):
pfl2_sIIgx_pcie_3fe.pof
pcie_ddr2_3fe.pof
Download from here:
https://www.assembla.com/code/siigx-pcie-driver/subversion/nodes
Plug in the card to your XP machine, I am starting on the xp machine to avoid any compatibility issues, but the final goal is to work under win7.
2. Open your windriver, the one I use is windriver 10.11
select New host driver project
if you flash the kit correctly, you should see the altera device, click on it, then click on the generate .INF file:
name you device, select the automatically install the INF file:
The computer should recognize the device and the driver should be installed, if not, install the .inf yourself.
Go back to the window that ask you select the device, click on next, you will see all the registers and interrupts mapping(Not very sure the details of this part):
Click on Project->generate code, I am using the VS2010 as my default IDE:
Not selecting the Kernel plugin now, will check later:
Driver Code generated by windriver, along with diagonostic tools:
Test run the diagnostic tool after build:
Test run the pcie.exe which provided by altera:
I guess that's it for today, need to study more about driver....T_T
Download from here:
https://www.assembla.com/code/siigx-pcie-driver/subversion/nodes










No comments:
Post a Comment