Sunday, August 12, 2012

My first Audi Q7 mod

First of all, remove all the cheap and unnecessary stuff, make it nice and clean.
Both motors are controlled by a little chip from SparkFun, called Qik Dual Serial Motor Controller, quite easy to use.

Finished picture:

Then, reinstall the cabin..remove the chairs for the chips...after few hours....

Added Xbee, camera, since i am using atmega128 for this project, and it only supports 2 usart, so i have to add another atmega128 to control the motors. Two atmega128 communicate through SPI.

Final View.....
Look at this sexy babe...



Summary:
The program on microcontrollers work very well. however, the windows side program still have a bug inside. Because the GUI and Serial-port sharing one thread, so switching from low speed to high speed on xbee will cause a time-out since serial-port cant updated immediately. I am not very good at thread related programming in C#. so i guess that's my next task then.

Another feeling about embedded programming, as more and more devices added in. I feel the urge of using the RTOS. It's just impossible to manage all the incoming data without a RTOS. I am actually already start reading UCOSIII, the material is not very hard to understand. hoping I can start playing with it ASAP.

Last, as usual, here is all the code:
For main controller:
http://code.google.com/p/uav-atmega128-p1/
For the 2nd controller:
http://code.google.com/p/uav-atmega128-p2/
For the windows program:
http://code.google.com/p/windows-serial-port-wireless-image-transfer/

No comments:

Post a Comment